Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Starting out

Today I start my personal 16 week weight loss challenge. In 16 weeks I will be flying to Australia for a 3 week vacation. At the end of those 16 weeks my goal is to have lost 20.4 pounds/9.2 kilos.
It has been over 2 years since I have seen all my friends who live there and I want them to see me at my best. Not only that, I want to BE at my best. These upcoming weeks will be hectic with school, research papers, and work but they will be great, I know it! Each day I will come here to post how my day went. Nothing like being accountable to everyone who reads this. :D

Start weight: 138.6 pounds/62.8 kilos
Goal weight: 118 pounds/53.5 kilos

Starting measurements:
Chest: 36.5 inches
Waist: 32 inches
Hips:41 inches

Get ready, get set, and GO!

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing like complete accountability to anyone and everyone. When I first started with this program, I told everyone. That way I never knew when someone was going to walk up to me and ask me how I was doing and did I really want to say that I had failed? No, I wanted to be able to tell anyone, I'm doing good and I'm still working on it. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Tabby! I need to do this and stick with it too! Are you following a certain diet/exercise routine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, when I lived in Australia I found out about this program called SureSlim. They take a blood sample and give you a food program with a list of foods and the portions you are to eat for each meal based on what your panel came back with. I love it because it is so structured. Now that I have the whole car thing sorted and no more payments I am going to join a gym. Probably mid-September.

    ReplyDelete